Prepare for an exciting career as an English as a Second Language (ESL) instructor. Obtain the qualifications and skills to teach ESL internationally or in Canada. Learn the most recent methodologies and teaching techniques.
Through a partnership with Advance Consulting for Education (ACE), the Niagara Catholic District School Board offers a dynamic two-part teaching training program to aspiring Canadian teachers as well as foreign English teachers from across the world.
Two options are available:
TESL 100 - ACE TESOL CERTIFICATE (Cost: $1750)
The TESOL Certificate is a 120-hour program recognized by TESL Canada, the national professional association for ESL teachers in Canada.
- 100 hours in class plus 20 practicum hours
- 4-Week full-time program offered in May (general admittance)
- Customized groups may come any time of the year*
- 15-week part-time program from September to December
- Small class sizes
- All materials, course manual and textbook provided
- Recognized by TESL Canada
TESL 200 - ACE TESOL DIPLOMA (Cost: $2425)
The TESOL Diploma program is recognized by TESL Ontario, the Ontario provincial professional organization for ESL teachers
- Additional 150-hour training course (pre-requisite – TESL 100)
- 30 Additional practicum hours in actual ESL classrooms
- Part-time program from January to June each year
- All materials, course manual and textbooks provided
- Recognized by TESL Ontario